Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Back in the land of the blogging

Hey! Isn't it cool to have me back in the land of the blogging?

If you ask me, I have NOOO idea why I have not written for over a week, but no matter, since boom boom... : here I am!

Ideas I have had since then? Many! The most recent one concerns possessions. Yesterday I gave away 3 skirts, and 3 blouses: all very decent classics, all good quality. The point is, they weren't "me" anymore, and hadn't been "me" for a great many months...and yet... I was so loathe to part from them! Then I remembered a film I once saw, set in the eastern bloc, where the main female character wore the same dress over the whole length of the film, which overlapped several years. Then I also remembered my paternal grand mother's wardrobe (if one must call it that!) which was so very sparse- one on, one in the wash, one to dry type of thing!- When did we start needing so much? How can I to revert back to the "necessary"? How to decide, nowadays, what is necessary?

Things are even more awkward: for while I most certainly have yearnings for the ascetic life style, I also possess a fairly hedonistic temperament. Tough one or what? I console myself by gingerly engaging in that most fashionable pastime of the TV classes: decluttering! However, the line is firmly drawn at my collection of Le Journal de Mickey & Mickey Parade and Asterix: I am keeping those for rainy days. I did tell you there was something not quite right about me. Still, I did eventually stop sucking my thumb, three years ago, at the age of fifty-three, so there IS hope!

Now, where was I? Oh, the mystery one forlorn highway shoes! Just how naive can one get? It hadn't occurred to me that alcohol would have been involved, since I do not indulge, and never have -save on one very dangerous occasion (where I might even have lost a shoe myself) which cured me for ever more!!!

A Zen garden now:

Stone boulders, just the right size, just the right number, in just the right place.
Very,very fine pale yellow sand raked into geometric, concentric, symmetrical patterns by monks - as a contemplation.
Sitting cross legged.
A silence which is no longer the absence of sound, but an entity of its own with a perceptible existence.
Totally alert and totally peaceful,
Not even aware of the privilege, so natural is it thus to be,
Just now, just here.
Oh, I forgot! some speckled bamboos, too.

Ain't life a hoot?
Love and good wishes,
Jocelyne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home