Sunday, November 20, 2005

No computer!

Mmmm! I really appreciate how important my PC has become in my life since it has had to go to the menders! (I am writing this by courtesy of my friend Françoise who kindly lets me use her computer when the withdrawl symptoms get too much.)

I had a moment of sudden panic when I realised how much of my like is now bound to the Net...And to think how scathing I used to be about "those" people who depend on technology, blah, blah, blah! Life has a way of making you eat humble pie, don't you think?

Anyway, it isn't even as if I had a lot to say to-day...although brilliant ideas for Blog posts have come and gone -you will have to take my word for it!- since I have been laptop-less...Oh the sorry state of affairs: all these ideas, and nowhere to go!

My friends will think me snooty for not responding to their e-mails...my bank will think me casual, ...my brain will go numb without the daily dose of information it seeks on the Net...But overall, I will do more knitting and sewing, more reading, and more talking to friends for real..-although here, SKYPE is being sorely missed too! Probably the main thing I miss is access to ANY kind of music I might fancy (and that includes Paul and Dave's amazing radio show on UK-nova...booooo hoooo I can't hear it at the moment!!!)

You know what? It sounds to me like I am complaining! Sorry about that! Let's just hope the PC comes back soon, and in one fully-functionning piece...

Meanwhile, may all your computers work well, and may you be happy, also!

See you soon,

Jocelyne

2 Comments:

Blogger torfeida said...

I've been away from computers for almost 2 weeks now - it's surprised me how much it's been driving me crazy not being able to check emails or blogs!

10:21 pm  
Blogger MrOrsom said...

Post more!

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home