Sunday, August 21, 2005

OK!

Paul has put a link to this blog, so I've got to write... Well, you know, it's been a fair few eventful and enjoyable weeks for me.

Do you think that
making more money
than you thought you would
on some investment
is a good enough excuse for going on a Welsh holiday?
I do!

(I vetoed the Med, and all who sail in her, because of heat, crowds, and heat and crowds, see?)

But Wales, hey? It's just wonderful. It's quite close for us to drive to, and there's nobody there...well, you know, not litterally...but yes, you can walk for a long time without encountering another soul. And then, when you do, they turn out to live round the corner form you, or as good as...(That's true: we met two people from Erdington in a ruined castle on top of a tall hill, and it gave me a warm feeling of belonging...)

Feelings is what going away is about, for me: I love feeling at home wherever I go; I love feeling grateful for the beauty of the sky, the smell of the air, the kindness of hosts, the cotton of the sheets (not polycotton stuff this time, bit of luck there). I feel gratitude for the generosity of spirit of my son, who cooked for us all; gratitude for the acceptance which these three people from the next generation (Paul, Dave and Bob-who-is-a-girl-Bob) bestowed upon me (couldn't think of the verb which might go with "acceptance"..don't matter, no-one reads this: ok prove me wrong and please make a thesauric suggestion...thanks!); gratitude for the music: Dave's a Genius, Paul and Dave know one million two thousand and eighty eight songs by heart, words, chords and harmonies!!!!); gratitude for the quiet, funny, intelligent and steady presence which Bob exudes- and she can sing too!...

I think I may have won one of the poker games?...but I'm not sure. I got bitten by a tick and I had a fever, so had to stay in a few times when the young'ens went out and about, oh, and England didn't win at cricket against Australia, but I did not care! You know why? It's because at one stage when the news were on, and there was an item about "terrorism" -albeit of the kind exercised by the police in pursuance of their "duty"...-, I realised that my brain was having a rest! (Well I was quite sorry that Mo died: I was a great admirer of her great intelligence and her humour... not to mention her political colours!)

I will leave the descriptions and the photos to Paul ( I hope he puts one of me on his blog! -hint, hint), and when my neck stops hurting I will tell you another small story of something which happened on this holiday.

Wherever you are, I hope your heart is as light as mine, and in any case, lighter that when you started reading this little biddy tale.

Love,

Jocelyne

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

As always, you amaze me with your perfect prose! You bring such life to the words that I almost feel (and definitely wish) I were there.

Glad to hear you had wonderful holiday... Hope to read more about it soon (hint, hint)... ;)

5:48 am  
Blogger paul said...

I too had a lovely time, and reading your post reminds me of it...the heather on the hills in the Elan Valley eh? Not too shabby...Photos to come!

10:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home