Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Millionnaire!

It's new year's eve. Every one is out and about, visiting friends, going to the fire works, dressed up as a mythical character for their party of the year;in a word : having fun!

And here I am, alone with Ken, too ill to "do" anything. Too ill to go anywhere, too ill to have people round.

I am having a shower, always with my phone in attendance, since people may be worried if I do not reply to a call, as they know I am always in at the moment!
The phone rings! (It's a sure thing: if you want a phone call, take your phone with you when you have a shower or a bath, trust me!) From under a mountain of lather (passion fruit, this time I think, the soap a present from a friend, so not the usual coconut which smells of wet dog in-the-nicest-possible-way...), I blindly reach for the phone. "Mum! you're on loud speaker, I've got a few friends here and we're playing who wants to be a millionnaire; would you like to be a contestant over the phone?" Hey! Man! Red rag to a bull: I LOVE playing games, even quizz games where I usual don't do so well.

So after the few minutes it took to complete a quick wash and brush up, dry my hair and get dressed I was ready to win a million! On loud speaker, with Paul's friends Chris-David Tarrant et al. I was quite nervous, would you believe: thought I may look stupid and so on if I didn't know some simple stuff...WEll, after much banter, pretend scratching of brain, 1 "50/50" about a Scottish cheese and 1 "ask the audience" (Charles would kill me, I didn't know about the size of planets and wasn't sooooo sure whether Saturn was the biggest one...) I won a million! I think the master of ceremonies bucked fate somewhat by choosing a question on French litterature for my million question...No matter, I won fair and square since I knew that Voltaire wrote Candide.

Paul and his friend are working overtime to collect together the million pounds I have won, which in any case I have already donated to the Asian disaster fund. And for that reason alone, I do wish it was real.

Love to all,

Jocelyne

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Congratualations!

Now, if I ever manage to make it on the show, I know who to put down as my phone a friend! Problem is, you know me as Cuppojoe... Can you see it?

"Ms. Jocelyne, this is Regis Philbin. I'm here with Jerry and..."
"Who? Jerry? Never heard of him!"
{click}

*sigh* Back to the salt mines, I guess...

5:11 am  
Blogger jocelyne said...

Hi Jerry! Ha! Vvee haf vvays off finding out your name!
By the way, I have to say my "winning" was a bit of a fluke...I'm not THAT knowledgable...so, yep...back to the salt mines for me too.
Special greetings for the beginning of the year, to you and all those who are dear to you.

9:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home