Wednesday, December 15, 2004

So first it was the heart

...and now it's the lungs! I've got pleurisy...Just as well really, because the pain in my chest was beginning to worry me a bit. I've had to relent and to start a course of antibiotics to try and stop the dreadded "lergie".

Benefits:

-I have the perfect excuse for this year's not "doing" Christmas!!!!!
-I definitely won't go out to the shops during this crazy season.
-I can feel completely as ease with doing nearly nothing all day long.
-I will finish hemming the curtains for Ken which have been sort of waiting for a few days/weeks.
-Some people will show me even more kindness than usual (Hey! I don't ask them to! But that's fine by me...)
-My doctor will know that I am not a maligering hypochondriac, since I waited a whole week to have a proper appointment before consulting (For those of you who are not in the UK that is as opposed to seeing your GP on an "emergency" appointment basis on any given day)
-I am eating chestnuts this evening to keep up my spirits...
-My music partners will be sooo impressed that I still came out to sing on Monday night.

Ah singing! Such a joy. Even the blues...(that does not make sense really, does it)

My very favorite at the moment is "Mood Indigo". Now, if I was Dave, I'd be able to put a lovely link to a perfectly suitable rendering of the tune by a very famous performer or other...But I am not Dave..so ...nothing other than a title I'm afraid.

I AM feeling tired, (truly am!), so I'll send the usual loving greetings and bow out for the day,

Cheers,

Jocelyne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home