Thursday, December 09, 2004

In a life where nothing much happens ...

..every little thing becomes worthy of note.

A new gate!
Extensive draught proofing of my (rented) house!
The promise of a brand new bath in replacement to this one which leaks...

I do have very fair landlords who take their responsibility seriously, plus, an excellent rapport with the builder who does all the work on their property: a definite boon! I call him Mister Hughes, and he calls me Jocelyne...and I help him to get up again when his old legs give way after he's been kneeling for too long. I show my appreciation of a job well done, and guess what: he's not used to that! It would seem that people moan more than they praise and complain rather than delight in successful outcomes...That's news to me! (Wink, wink...)

So yesterday was a good day on account of all theses little jobs getting done around my home!

And to-day I was teaching French, for the first time in about three years. I stood in for Nicolas's tutor, my friend Carolyne, who had an "empêchement". Hey! I really enjoyed the teaching, and even more the fact that I never have to do it again unless I really want to!

The redbreast robin has been round in the back garden, reminding me to feed him and his birdy-mates in this icy season. I will!

Don't go slipping on any ice (in our climate) or on any banana skin..(elsewhere)

Love always....
Jocelyne

1 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

I will watch my step! :)

9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home