Saturday, December 04, 2004

My! What a Life I have had... so far....already!

Re-reading this last post made me aware -once more- of the truly amazing life I have led. Dysfunction served me well! I suffered, sure, but in exchange, I savoured so much, experienced so much. I have walked in circles, lost on top of Inyangani in the African mist, and I have meditated close to God in India.

I hear musics from anywhere, and they are mine, vibrating with their resonance in my heart. I meet friends from the world over and my love for them is unbounded, unimpaired by differences.

A friend was explaining to me that her courage in life has always come at times when her back was to the wall. She is quite a timid soul, yet conquered her fears and created a life for herself ,from nothing, in her early middle age years.

I am sure my zest for life comes from the beatings, the punishments, the ill-health, the abuse, the lack of understanding I endured for many many years. It is as though, the more "they" tried to repress me, the more irrepressible I became. And now, whatever the objective circumstances of my life may be, I decide that I AM happy. Adversity has been the very best training ground for excellence... That, AND three years'worth of sessions with the best therapist in the world, of course!
Ok, 'nuff said on the navel contemplating front...

Have yourselves a marvelous day: I will! Paul is "taking" his old mum to the movies; I am going to enjoy the company and the luxury of being driven in his car....

Love, Jocelyne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home