Sunday, November 07, 2004

I am THAT excited!

My voice can now be heard on the net!!! How is that for magic? please do not be blasé...

Dave, Paul's friend originally and now mine too (I'd like to think, albeit with all due "respect" to the generation gap...), Dave then has put my voice on the internet. He is incredibly patient and kind and played the piano to my singing "Ne me quitte pas", one of Brel's most poignant songs (ah! that is saying something!). I am now going to put a link to his very honest and funny blog ...wait for it....wait for it...perfectlybeastly

I hope you like my voice: I do! And singing is giving me a lot of joy. Every week I get together with two old mates of mine, Tony -who used to be my best friend's fellow, and Charles- who still is, I think, a good friend of my no longer husband Mike, and Tony and I massacre a few old jazz standards, with lots of half tones while Charles finishes them off on the piano; we laugh a lot in the process and there's always next week to get it right. None of the folks I just mentioned have a Blog, otherwise I would have been practising the link thinggamy again. (You must remember my ridiculously unsavvy approach to information technology: hence the "grasping the nettle").

Anyway, that's enough excitement for one day! So good-night and sweet blessings to all,

Jocelyne.

PS: A DISCLAIMER: Although I do love the song, I do not subscribe to the emotional dependency it expresses; people can leave me as much as they like, I ain't gone be noone's shadow ...no siree, let alone the shadow of their dog...But there you go, poetry will get you anywhere and I do love singing it as though I mean it!

1 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

Well, many congratulations! It sounds great.

10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home