Tuesday, December 07, 2004

There was something...?

I was upstairs, ironing away, when I thought of a brilliant idea for a post...Run downstairs to write it out, and...can't remember it at all!

Something else will no doubt occur.

Oh I remember! It was all about blogging (much as I dislike the word blogging, more on that later!)...- I was musing as to the playful aspects of the activity, the wit of comments, the easy contact with so many individuals, each of us a tiny sample of humankind. I was reminded of a French short story in which a small boy talks about the weather to the gardener tending the family estate. The moral of the story, innocuous as it is, was that no one REALLY cares that much about the weather most of the time, or about the way the marigolds are growing, but that these easy topics make for an unencumbered sharing of one's humanity...

And so it is for Paul's blogged question: which is your favourite vegetable? It does not really matter, does it? But it is fun, it is harmless, it may give rise to new shared, coded, criterial links in the inner circle of friends, and-notwithstanding the fact that a few of them are The Sorg's own replies, it has -so far-given rise to 23 comments! My goodness, 23 comments about your favourite vegetable: way to go!

My search is rather more precise. It is though, like casting a very thin line very far away, and I have little faith that it will bring in the desired bounty...But in true "grasping the nettle" fashion here it goes.

COULD WE FIND ANOTHER WORD TO REPLACE THE WORD "BLOGGING"...

or am I the only only one whose linguistic sensitivity it offends?

Mind you I also resent "Ciao", so there's no accounting for my linguistic quirks.

If you feel so moved, please to(sic) tell me your opinion on this vexed topic?

I would be as grateful as a plateful of grated carrot.

May you have many happy thoughts!

Jocelyne

5 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

Well, my first thought is that I'm slightly disturbed by the fact that you have taken to referring to me as the sorg! ;) You are a Sorg too!

But yes, the word blogging is not great (but it's better than the ingless version, the solitary "blog"). How about "talkings". I haven't given it much thought, but it sounds nice to me...

12:38 am  
Blogger jocelyne said...

Apologies for the "Sorging" ! t'was not meant as an insult... But seriously! 28 comments...Fun or what?

11:19 am  
Blogger torfeida said...

I don't know why, but I rather like both words "Blogging" and "Blog"... They sound rather cosy to me somehow :)

12:25 pm  
Blogger MrOrsom said...

Well, blog is short for weblog; they've just dropped the first two letters.

Therefore surely you can equally validly drop the last two letters.

We are writing webls, I am a webler, or a webling.

We are all weblings! That sounds like children of the web - somewhat appropriate.

I've just checked out www.webl.com, www.webler.com and www.webling.com, and my advice is:

Do not visit www.webling.com - it's a portal and will try and invade your computer!

Do not visit www.webler.com - well you can, but it's a blank page.

Definitely do visit www.webl.com - it's the website of the Web-Headed League (a variation on the Red-Headed League from Sherlock Holmes).

9:48 am  
Blogger jocelyne said...

Wow...BBBB!

1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home