Saturday, December 11, 2004

When I said nothing much happens....

.....

Yesterday morning I received a Christmas card which was meant for my neighbours.

I also received another hand delivered mauve envelope addressed to a Ms X(name withheld). Upon opening the said missive, I discover a small package of medicinal herbs. My first reaction is one of sadness for Miss X who will be missing out on her therapeutic tisanes. I read the message accompanying the herbs, and phoned the company named on the notelet to try and return the medicine to its rightful owner as soon as possible...No John there! He left on the 1st of April! (Quite the joker, I thought!)

Then I did what I always do when life deals me an incomprehensible deal: I phoned Paul the Young and Wise.

I described the herbs:
" -They smell a bit like sage, but stronger.
-Like happiness in a bag? (Oops!)
-I wouldn't know. They look like flower and seed heads, a grey green colour, with bits of brown in it.
-A bit furry looking?
-Yep! Definitley furry looking on the leaf bits...
-What does it say on the note?"

Then I read what was on the note to Paul, and guess what? It was drug talk! Of course I didn't know! The last time I "did" drugs in this country, in any kind of illegal way was back in the early eighties, and the linguo was more transparent then, more of a throw back to the sixties!

So yep! In my letter box yesterday morning, I received a packet of supposedly, according to John, "not so good" skunk, but good enough to "sort out your lightweights"...Glad to hear it.

It is now resting in the dustbin, where it best belongs! May the vegetable peelings, used tissues and other discarded bits and bobs enjoy sorting out their lightweights.

I don't suppose John will come and claim his mis-delivered parcel...after all I may be a policewoman for all he knows!

And there I was, thinking that my life was in danger of getting dull!

No fear, man!

Have a good one!

Jocelyne

2 Comments:

Blogger torfeida said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:52 am  
Blogger torfeida said...

"May the vegetable peelings, used tissues and other discarded bits and bobs enjoy sorting out their lightweights."

lol, that was a funny post :) well written!

11:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home