Monday, December 13, 2004

Have you ever experienced REAL temptation?

Following on from the post regarding the unwanted package delivered to my house a couple of days ago.

I have a gardener. He is a real sweet man, who comes and mows the lawn, and trims the hedges for me, since I am no longer able to do these things myself. Over the course of the year, we have had some chats, during which I have found out a few things about him. He is about my age, and is bringing up an eleven year boy by himself, pretty well too from what I gather: teaching him about nature, playing golf with him, teaching him the value of money, of saving up for things you desire, the importance of sport, and so on.

He also does like to have a little smoke of something relaxing in the evenings, when his son has gone to bed. And, he is not very well off...And in my dustbin, there still is about £20 worth of quite good smoky-relaxy-type stuff- as I explained to you a few days ago.

So there was the temptation: should I dig out my unrequited bounty for one who would really appreciate it, or should I stick to my guns and continue with the ongoing binning action?

I imagined that lovely guy, out of his head, and may be a fire, or an emergency or some such disaster type scenario...and I stuck to my guns! It was quite easy after all.

All the same, I shall be glad when the dustmen have collected my problem rubbish!

Love of the sober kind,

Jocelyne

2 Comments:

Blogger MrOrsom said...

Tricky one, though not really.

As he's a smokey-chap anyway I doubt that there would be much of a risk of him burning his house down and being so incapacitated by his endrugged stupour that he couldn't handle the situation.

However I think it's wise not to have given it to him. After all, that would make you a dealer!

I hope you didn't mention it to him - that'd be mean. "I've got some spare drugs in my bin! But you can't have them."

10:23 am  
Blogger jocelyne said...

Well,...not so much to him! But to the piano player of our grandly named "Band"...He felt betrayed by my lack of generosity, I think!
However, he plays better when his mind is not so fuzzy, even though he doesn't know it.

12:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home