Monday, July 26, 2004

This time...

This time I know I have flipped my lid, blown my brain,  gone gaga, lost the plot...(you get the picture?) :  I checked MY blog to see if there was some thing new since those "two small domestic considerations"....I always suspected logic wasn't my forte.... I was mildly surprised to see that "she" hadn't written any thing recently.... shame  really, "she" is such a lovely ol'girl!

I suppose this brain confusion was due to the fact that I couldn't think of what to write, and I had been browsing here and there from blog to blog.

Anyway, I have now remembered something I wanted to share earlier on: when I went to the concert the other night, and again to the open air theatre, I was struck by something new which is happening to me.  I have spent my whole life feeling very self conscious, a fate no doubt caused by my grandmother's obsession with presenting me to the world as the best dressed and most neatly coiffed child  in Cluny, all this in cheerful disregard to my youthful aspirations as a Tom boy , my absolute dislike of wringlets and my despair at the small torture I was subjected to in the creation and elaboration of said wringlets.

And now that my gran has died, I am no longer self conscious. At the concert, I suddendly felt free of my usual worries: I did not engage  in comparing my clothes to that of others, or think that, really, I ought  to dye my hair a bit...I was at ease with me.

At the open air theatre, while some others were in short sleeves and light dresses, I wore a winter coat AND a blanket AND I didn't care, so long as I was warm!

Now the Test to this newly acquired freedom is fast approaching as I am planning to visit my dad and  family in ....Paris. Nothing like the look of a Parisian relative to kill a  fragile sartorial ego. I know, I've been there! So, we'll see how I fare next week. I'll tell you, in case you should care, that is.

Meanwhile, I am wondering what I should be  wearing to go to Paris. Oops!!!

Tired and off to bed,

Love,

Jocelyne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home