Wednesday, July 07, 2004

A strange sense of duty

A strange sense of duty brings me back to this blog. A slight sense of unease, verging on guilt and bordering on the other side on the fear of failure, too, as the last couple of posting were dull, even for me!

But what can I do: the things that really matter to me, my deepest beliefs are private and I can't spread them out openly for all to read.

I do have opinions about politics, war, society, and all that, but now I feel it is futile for me to express them, as it don't amount to a can of beans as the saying goes.

I can always fall back on my love of words and the joy I have at making them work for me. So many, ready slaves to my will.

And then sometimes, you just feel like being quiet, don't you?

On a path in a pine tree wood, with tall but delicate spruce. The pine cones are crunching under foot. I love pine cones, with their absolute spiral form, and their "I am made of wood, but it doesn't show attitude". I use them as decorations in my house: a childish trait? The light is perfect: it clings to the lower branches at an exact diagonal, and hits the ground like a spotlight on a stage. The incline is soft and further up, a rocky plateau bathes in the sweet sunlight of the evening. The path is shown by little piles of stones to which each adds his own. We might decide to unlace the heavy boots and to wriggle the toes in the stream that runs alongside the path. Then we might stretch out for a good old day dream on a bit of grass. It's not going to rain to-night: let's make the best of it!

The flight of a swallow just below,
A ridge of climbing rock,
A crooked tree sticking out, within reach,
No fear: breathing in life as I rise,
Agile, alert, greedy for the experience of conquest.
If I start to shake I'm not going to tell!

And that's the way I want to be.....

Regards to any who happence stray this way, and a curly bow with my feathered hat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home