Tuesday, June 15, 2004

The best birthday..... ever.....

First of all thank you to Phil for his good wishes. It's pretty good when folks you don't know wish you well!(Well Phil is a friend of Paul, so not completely unknown, but, still, we have never met, let alone been formally introduced.)

When you have no expectations, and you look after your own needs, -emotional and cake wise-, the birthday is bound to exceed your expectations and the cake is bound to be one you like.

I am now 56 and will have to adjust the heading of the blog when I feel up to it - investigating how it is done I mean, not worrying about owning up to an extra year in this lifetime. For this birthday, I had no plans, other than to make myself a cake and watch the France-England match with Paul.

Now by a strange coincidence, I, like David
(blog title perfectly beastly- I must learn to do "links"),
am abstaining from sugar, as for health reasons I am currently following a "detox eating plan", and so had to find a cake with no sugar + no wheat: bake it yourself Jocelyne, with honey and potato and rice flour....I can't remember what I was trying to say...Concentrate, woman!
see Graham's blog "you should have one" - must learn to link- apologies for resistance to new learning).

Well, everyone and his friend wished me a happy birthday (bar one absent-minded pal)...One ex husband who phoned from Malawi and sent an e-card, sister-who wasn't speaking to me at the time (!? * much scratching of my head in a I don't understand people fashion), father very grumpy but loving, and so on and so on.... Then Ken visited, Tony brought me a CD, and Paul kept me the best company for the evening. The sun shone throughout, the day's menus were great, Francoise's little grandson made me a fabulous card with bits of torn pictures -he's only 4, so that's promising- I got roses, roses, roses, roses and more roses, plus some other flowers, and then...... Allons Zenfants de la Patri-i-e, there was ze match, the footie.

I did not know before hand which team I would support, but as soon as England scored, I knew I was supporting FRANCE, and then Zizou gave me a last birthday present for the day: two lovely French goals in extra time.

The moral of the story is clear. Can you draw it yourself please, as I keep coming up with cliches* which even I can't bring myself to write down.

Anyway, it's all good.

By the way, I don't rejoice about France's victory in public places, in case some fan decides to sock me one, so don't you worry about my safety...

I had several stories in mind for this blog, but I have overrun my time on the computer (the back, you know, still hurting a bit....) so, to-morrow will do.

Keep well! Love.

*the lack of accent hurts my eyes...

2 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

It is always nice to hear stories of nice birthdays. I am trying to focus on the happiness of the French nation, rather than the more visible national disappointment in front of our eyes here! But then, as Bill Bailey says "We're English, and as such we crave disappointment."

12:15 pm  
Blogger torfeida said...

Happy belated-birthday! Glad it sounds like you had a good day :)

2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home